Copyright Question

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi guys I had a quick question about copyright. I have a store which sells to a certain niche with products that I dropship. To improve things I have spent a lot of time on the text that goes with these products. I've even used the services of a copywriter to assist me. I recently found a website selling similar products and they have taken the copy from my products and used it for their products. I've created several takedown notices and while this generally works, it keeps happening. As soon as I've added new products with my own text, the same or simialr products will appear with my text on the other site. Is there no alternative but to keep posting takedown emails? It's quite frustrating that it's allowed to continue. Thanks for any advice/help.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 97

Hey, there!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team!

I'm so sorry to hear that you're seeing this issue. There isn't a 100% foolproof way to keep others from copying the text on your site, I'm sorry to say; if it's publicly available, it's possible for others to copy your content. 

Your best option is likely to continue to submit takedown notices for offending stores, but if the issue persists, you could consider using an app to protect your content. There's several available apps that protect images, and some of these also offer the ability to disable highlighting and copying of text everywhere on your storefront - while this wouldn't make it impossible for users to copy your content, it would make it more difficult to do so quickly. Here's a few that you could explore:

These are paid, third-party apps - but each does offer a free trial period, so that you can check them out at no risk before committing!

Hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 3

Hello!

This really sounds stressful! Been through this a lot and I have invested money but ended up other stores are benefitting from it. I came across this UNIQUE app, and it is very cool. It detects other stores that use my brand's images and contents... It automatically sends a notification to me through email and it automatically deletes those photos.

Try it. they have a free trial.

https://apps.shopify.com/unique-anti-theft#reviews

Hope this helps.

0 Likes