Council Bluffs visits

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

Yes I believe it is a spyware program. I have 3 visits almost daily for months now. Before it was some other city I don’t remember, I emailed Shopify to be removed from their spyware and it happened for a few months and now it started again. These are companies that spy on your website to determine your best sellers and sell the info to who will buy it. It’s shameful I agree but as far as I know it is not illegal. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I’ve had a minimum of 3 per day from Council Bluffs, Iowa for months. My store uses the boundless theme. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Screenshot_20200913-163141.jpg

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 2

hi , I was also getting the same three views from council bluffs on each day. I have installed the screen recording app , from where I see ,a one direct view on a store , I have checked the ip , it's a same from council bluffs. 

Screenshot_20200913-163141.jpg

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 5

council bluffs.PNG

It seems there is nothing to worry about, it appears to be Google's data centre. I checked the IP another reply had posted. I have had the same visits for a few months, very frustrating, I even blocked Iowa with an app and the hits kept coming. Shopify chat told me a month ago it was probably Google, and indeed that is what it appears to be. 

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3
Thanks for the info, but what are they checking?
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

I just noticed that my 2nd highest visits are from this city, and I don’t have any connections there. I’ve never even heard of it! I did a google search and found your post. Wondering if there is some Shopify connection. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 1 5

I have more visits from someone/ something in Council Bluffs, IA, than any other visitor, including myself. Every day, many visits from Council Bluffs. 

What is it exactly?

Thank you,

Roland

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 7

I have done some testing and found this is caused by Shopify's new Site Speed Report feature. I have written more about it in the post here;

https://community.shopify.com/c/Online-Store-Speed/Online-Store-Speed-Report/m-p/908894#M390

Make sure you contact Shopify Support and get them to change the feature if it is affecting you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Agreed! The same thing is happening to our website with this traffic. It impossible to get great support from Shopify like the first five years of working on their platform.  

I guess I’ll pull this traffic and block from my Google Analytics account.

0 Likes