Council Bluffs visits

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 14

Hi all

on a daily basis we are getting 3 visits from this city in the US and this  has been happening over a couple of months.  I have tried to figure out what organisation is out there with no success and wondered whether anyone else has witnessed the same ?

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 19

I'm so glad you posted about this, because I'm also having the same thing happening.

It's usually 6 visits per day from Council Bluffs.

I'm wondering if it's related to some app/extension, but I haven't installed any new one recently.

Another thing that crossed my mind is if the developer of the theme I'm using is from there. I use the theme Broadcast.

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 14

Hi

I am on on a different theme so may not be that.

I did download Ping last month or so but other than that nothing. Usually I get 3 visits a day, all in quick succession so can only guess it is some sort of spying software. It is a pity Shopify will not assist in the blocking of such visitors.

Surprised no one else has raised this before

Highlighted
2 0 6

I’ve had the same visits from Council Bluffs IA to my store. 3 views almost every day for the past few weeks. I haven’t downloaded any new apps or made any real changes to my store recently. 
I’m not sure why I’m getting these views either..

Highlighted
2 0 6

Same issue!

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 19

This is so weird. I feel like some spyware is doing this to be able to get some information from my store or something. Creepy!

Shopify cancelled their hotline and it's hard to talk to them nowadays, which is a shame. The stock price sky-rocketing and they cut on the most basic thing we need, which is talking to them.

The forums and help center are not effective most of times. I don't know what they're thinking...

Highlighted
1 0 2

I’m seeing the same! Council Bluffs, multiple times per day, no explanation. Does Agiou review these?

Highlighted
1 0 3

I pulled reports and my site is also consistently getting visits from Council Bluffs.  I came here to find out if anyone else is having this same issue.  Happy it’s not just me but still wondering what is going on. 

Highlighted
1 0 1

I am also having the same scenario happen. It has been about 2 weeks since daily reviews from CB Iowa have started. I am not sure what the deal with that is, but I would love it if we can keep this thread going until we find the cause. 

Hopefully Shopify's customer service call line will come back after C19, but I feel like they will fall victim to the same mindset most tech companies have of not aiding the customer.

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 14

Think you are right there. Covid seems to be the new excuse to let customer service take a back seat and reset to a lower level of expectation