Country doesn't exist in shipping

Tourist
23 0 1

Is there any way of adding a new country to the shipping countries?  I want to add 'Northern Ireland' to the list, however it doesn't exist in the drop down options.  I know that 'United Kingdom' exists, however I need to have Northern Ireland as a separate country.  Any ideas?

1 Like
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
965 1 51

Hey Briohny!

We're not able to offer Northern Ireland as a separate entity from the United Kingdom, but we do have a pending feature request to allow for different subregions of the United Kingdom, such as Northern Ireland, Scotland, Scottish Highlands, and the UK's Outlying Islands.

I've put another push into that feature request on your behalf, and hopefully we can get it added in to the system in the near future. However, as it stands right now, you'll need to use the United Kingdom.

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

2 Likes
Tourist
5 0 3

Hello Matthew

Please can you update me on whether any progress has been made on allowing Shopify stores in the UK to add subregions (Northern Ireland, Highlands and Islands, Channel Islands) and corresponding shipping rates?

What does a 'pending feature request' actually mean in terms of Shopify's priorities (I'm sure you're aware that threads on this topic date back to 2008 and later). Will we ever see this actually done in the near future?

Thanks,

Bethan

1 Like
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
965 1 51

Hey Bethan!

We still don't have any timeline for this development, but I'll stoke the fire under the devs to see if we can get them to start putting this together. Thanks for the reminder, though! Hopefully we can get this rolled out soon.

Talk to you soon!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
1 0 1

Hello Matthew

Do you have any update in regards to this update please

Andy

1 Like
2 0 0

We are also in need of this so that we can charge our customers the correct shipping rates.

we can obviously label the shipping rates for Northern Ireland etc, but that is confusing to the customer. If they choose a shipping option that doesn't apply to them, it is extra administration to contact the customer and to sort. Our site is due to go live in the next month and we were moving to improve the international trading of our ecommerce side of things.

Please give this topic an extra bump with your Dev team. All of your wonderful UK customers will thank you for it I assure you. :)

Thanks.

Dan

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 3

This thread is answering a question that I was about to ask.  I would be very grateful if you could give the problem some attention as soon as you can.  If we can help you in any way please ask.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
17 0 1

Come on Shopify! This is a major request for UK customers and should be pushed higher up the list!

A basic shipping requirement that I've only just stumbled on after setting up a store with 2000 products!!!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Any update on this feature?

0 Likes
2 0 1

Please do add this as courier fees are double to NI from UK...

0 Likes