Country of Origin CSV

Solved
6 0 0

After you've selected multiple fields, don't even click the drop down menu.  Just start typing the name of the country and they will all update.  

After selecting the fields, I start typing "Can" and Canada comes up eventually.

0 Likes
1 0 1

This tip is saving me loads of time!!! Thank you!

Tourist
15 0 2

Hello

We'd also appreciate to be able to edit country of origin with csv import.  The country of origin varies among our products, and it's not as simple to work in the Shopify bulk editor, as it is to work via my own .csv files.  

Really anything that is a product attribute, we'd ideally be able to work via csv import.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
796 76 125

Hello, @LisaD! Thanks for your feedback as well; I’ve passed it along to our developers on your behalf. Although I don’t have a timeline as to when/if this change will occur, you can keep up to date on all the recent updates to the platform on the Shopify Changelog.

In the meantime, there were two workarounds discussed earlier in the thread:

Did you happen to give either of those solutions a try yet?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 0

This is obnoxious.  You cannot copy/paste to bulk edit this field.  You must use the drop down menu.  this is going to take forever...  Is there any other way to do this efficiently and in a reasonable manner?

0 Likes
1 0 0

In Canada a province of origin is required, and the bulk editor pull down doesn't allow this at all. So must I edit this by hand for each product? I'm not at all sure where you keep this data.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
796 76 125

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you all for your comments and concerns about being able to edit the Country of Origin (COO) in bulk. I have an exciting discovery to share!  

Updating the COO for your products can be done via CSV! However, it is edited using the Inventory CSV, not the Product CSV. See the Help Doc on Exporting or importing inventory with a CSV file for more information on using this file. 

So what does this mean? 

• Merchants with large product catalogues who are needing to add in, or edit their product’s COO can now do so via the Inventory CSV.

• For those of you who have smaller product catalogues, you may prefer to continue to use the Bulk Editor instead of dealing with exporting and importing data via CSV. Just a reminder that @NAIdo shared a great keyboard hack on 09-03-2020 to make editing dropdown menu options in the Bulk Editor quicker. @

• Merchants whose COO also require a province or state can use the Inventory CSV to update the country. But, since it accepts  ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country codes only, the region will still need to be manually added to each product, if required (@mtobis).

Let me know if you have any other questions about this!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes