Cox rejects email sent from Shopify

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3
If your customers use Cox email they will not receive emails from your Shopify site.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
697 43 83

Hi there @NM12345!

Don here from Shopify. :)

If you find that a given email provider is not permitting emails from Shopify to go through, you can have that email provider whitelist the following:

• smtp.shopify.com
  • smtp2.shopify.com
  • smtp3.shopify.com
  • smtp4.shopify.com
  • mailer@shopify.com

Should this alone not work, you can also ask the said provider to ensure there are no other restrictions in place which would be blocking automated mails sent from our system.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3
I called Cox. They don’t care. I thought Shopify might want to act as a company. Maybe they’ll listen to you. All email coming from Shopify to Cox is being blocked. This not just my shop. All shops. This is more your problem than mine.

Thanks.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

My cox customers also always report not getting confirmation emails. I've seen this at least 5-6 times already

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

I am having this same issue. When I called Cox.net with the info. They said that Google holds Shopify's domains and Microsoft holds Shopify's email systems. He said that I have to contact Google or Microsoft to get this issue solved. I doubt either will be able to help us with this. He let me know that Cox was not blocking anything. So as the other Shopify merchant said "It isn't their problem."

Cox gave me a link mxtoolbox.com this is used to look up for email delivery problems but at this point I don't really know how to read it or what I am looking for. So we just need this solved because our list of people with Cox is growing and they are not able to receive any emails. ANY emails at all...

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

Same issue..... cox customers ALWAYS message me saying they never got their confirmation email.

2 Likes
Excursionist
15 0 3

Same issue.

All of these are bouncing for me. 

charter.net
ai-signal.com
chartermi.net
cox.net
email.rr.com
roadrunner.com
atlanticbb.net