Create New Customer Account Link

Gwen_Beloti
Tourist
42 0 1

Hi,

I'm trying to add a "Create Account" button/link to my customer account log-in page.  I think one should be there in case someone clicked it by accident and they really intended to create an account.  With the button directly on this page they wont need to look for the "create account" button up on the header. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
elliot74710
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
76 0 6

Hey Gwen!

To have that create an account link right on your register page, you can head over to your customers/login.liquid - and just add this code in wherever you want it to appear on the page: 

<a href="/account/register">Create an account</a>

Let me know if you have any questions Gwen :). 

Cheers, Elliot
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
United_Cardists
1 0 0

Actually, that locks them into the English version, better answer would be:

<a href="/account/register">{{ 'customer.login.create_account' | t }} </a>

(replacing the "cancel" option, which reads "Return to Store" in the English translation)

but that particular parameter ("create_account") needs to be defined in "en.default.json" under "Locales" and therefore for it to truly work across languages, that needs to be added to the other language translations.  The wording exists elsewhere in the json file, but I couldn't figure out how to reference it easily.  I ended up with this line:

{{ 'customer.login.or' | t }} <a href="/account/register">{{ 'customer.login.create_account' | t }} </a>

in my "customers/login.liquid" (replacing the option to "Return to Store" with "Create Account")

Right?

>Mike< (UCdecksales.com)
0 Likes
Mysterium
Tourist
10 1 1

I would like to add a link to create an account on our Terms of Business page, how do I insure the code is pointing to the Terms of Business page?

0 Likes