Create Order for an item at a higher price than in Shopify

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi, we sell an item in shopify for $5 but sold the same item for someone else outside of shopify for $6. 

How do I register this order in Shopify?

- I cannot change the price to $6 for an item listed in Shopify for $5. I can enter a discount to reduce the price but not to increase it. 

- If I enter the product as a Custom Item, this product is not deducted from my Shopify inventory and is not calculated in the COGS either.

The reason for saving in Shopify is to count as a sale, include in the COGS report, and deduct automatically (not manually) from the inventory . Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
242 59 121

Hi @FabAug,

I understand that you want to register a sale made outside of Shopify. The sale price of the item ($6) was higher than inside Shopify ($5), but there's no way to edit the price of the item in the Shopify draft order to reflect this. You also want the reports to show this sale correctly.

I don't think there's a way to edit the product price, but I do have an idea for you.

What if you left the product price at $5, and then added the extra $1 as a custom item? That would properly register the sale by deducting inventory levels and taking into account COGS.

Let me know if this solves your problem or if you need further help!

Brian | Shopify Partner | Ecommerce Consultant
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution  
 - Need further assistance? Visit www.BrianAtWork.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi Brian, 

Thank you for the reply. Your suggestion does help with COGS and inventory level but it would still report an incorrect sale amount for that item. It would record a sale of $5 for my item plus $1 for an extra item. I was looking for a way to properly record the sale in all aspects, otherwise the report from Shopify will not be of much help.

Also, imagine if we sold 20 items outside of shopify with varying prices such as $5.83, $4.12, $8.13 etc with a shopify price of $5.17, $3.88, $7.92 respectively ..... once a week! way too much work just to register this sale. 

Not sure why we can reduce the price but not increase it in the draft order.

If you have any other ideas please let me know. We'd like to keep all in shopify if possible.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 0

ever figure this out?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4
No. Only option so far is to create an extra item as suggested by Shopify.
0 Likes