Create new Email Template

Highlighted
Explorer
89 0 58

Hi,

is there a possibility to add an additional Email template to the list in the settings?

Thanks in advance!

Marco

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
242 1 20

HI Marco

There isn't a way to add any notification emails. These emails are triggered by events like when the customer places the order, or when you fulfill the order. The system would need to know what to watch for in order to send other automatic notifications. If you clarify what you're looking for in here I can add it as a feature request.

For example, you want an email that triggers when [some event] happens.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
89 0 58

Shawn, the problem is this:

In Europe, when you send an automated order confirmation, you, as a seller, ar bound to the contract. Usually people don't want that, so the order confirmation should be changed to a confirmation of order-receivment. After that, when the seller wants to be bount to a contract with the buyer, he sends an order confirmation, to confirm the contract.

This is why a lot of people in Europe need an additional email.

Currently I don't know what to do - some shopify employee advised me to use mailchimp, but I don't see how it should be possible to send transactional emails with mailchimp.

Cheers

Marco

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I have a similar interest but would like to send an automatic email 7 days after fulfilling items to thank customers and ensure that they are happy with their purchase.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
242 1 20

Sorry for the delay getting back to this, I had to come up with a good workaround first.

This is a few step process but can work for you.

First, make the order confirmation email more of a "thank you for your order" by editing the default email template. You can include what was ordered, and wording that the order will be reviewed. There's a free Email Template Editor app that can help you with this.

Then make the Shipping Confirmation email into the receipt and shipping notification in one. You can use the Order Printer Emailer app to make a PDF receipt from a template using the Order Printer app to make the templates that the Emailer app uses.

This way we just repurpose the two emails that are used so the system handles it all automatically and no manual emails are needed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I would like to add a new email template that we can trigger manually from the Order page. This could be for several reasons:

1) We want to email the customer to contact us directly to confirm their order details. In this event, we are suspicious of fraud so we reach out and ask them to reach back out so we can confirm information only the real card holder would know.

2) For Pre-Order items, we want to email them to let them know we will be capturing payment to reserve their item along with an expected ship date. We also need to let them know that it may vary since that is an estimate from the manufacturer of when they expect us to receive it. Also we would let them know if they want to cancel their Pre-Order to contact us for a cancel/refund. We also may send additional follow-ups when the expected date has passed to update them with a new expected date.

3) If the regular processing of an order is delayed, we want to send them an update and start from a template.

4) If the item was oversold, or became sold out, or was damaged, or has a minor defect but we can still sell for a discount if they want, etc. The limits are near endless.

Currently every message is manually typed and can vary. We also have some Google Sheets we can maintain some templates they can copy paste, but that is slower and not as cool.

0 Likes