Create private products?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I sell t-shirts to the general public. I've had requests to customize a few designs for a local swim team. I'd like to add those to our shop so swim team members can see/purchase them, but since they are customized to our local area, I don't want them visible to the general public. Is there a way to create a page that is maybe passwword protected for my local products? Or, is there a better solution?? 

THANK YOU!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 1 21

Hey there, 

I'm Zuzanna, from the team here at Shopify :)

An app like Locksmith would be a great way to get this done! They let you lock down certain products, pages, or whole collections so that only people that you want to give access to will see them. Check it out here

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us here :) 

Have a great one,
Zuzanna

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

This still the best solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
160 2 25

An alternative is to create a new product, then make sure it isn't part of any collections. Including the 'all' collection (if the 'all' collection isn't listed in your dashboard, you'll have to create it so you can overide the site's default behaviour). You can then send your customers a link to the product's page, even though there won't be a path/link to the product from your storefront.

Cheers,

Oli

——————————

Founder @ www.preproduct.io

Test and make sales for future products

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 8

is the "ALL" collection called different names on different themes?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
160 2 25

Hi @Bikes-Angel ,

As I understand it, it should be called 'All' (independent of theme).

If it's not listed in your collections, create a collection called 'All' and this will overwrite the automated version. So, store's come with an '/all' page, but it's not a customizable collection until you specify it, otherwise, it's an automated collection that Shopify just populates with all of your available products.

Hope that helps,

Oli 

——————————

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 8

I have a "New Items" collection that lists everything  could that be it?    

Just Added - New Items
  • Product price is greater than $.01
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
160 2 25

Hi @Bikes-Angel ,

Yep maybe, if you would like to stop people navigting to that product page, remove it from all collections, if this 'Just Added - New Items' isn't listed in collections, try and override it by creating a new collection in the same name.

Another way to figure this out would be to navigate to the page that lists the product you want to hide (amongst others), then look at the URL param after 'collections', that is the name of the collection you need to remove the product from.

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 13.16.36.png

Cheers,

Oli

——————————

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 8

It's in it's own collection (which I need it to be) and the New Items collection  How do I remove it from the New Items?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 8

I think I figured it out  I amended the collection to Product Type IS NOT equal to  and chose the type for the items I don't want showing.  I think that worked.  Thanks for all your help

0 Likes