Create private products?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I sell t-shirts to the general public. I've had requests to customize a few designs for a local swim team. I'd like to add those to our shop so swim team members can see/purchase them, but since they are customized to our local area, I don't want them visible to the general public. Is there a way to create a page that is maybe passwword protected for my local products? Or, is there a better solution?? 

THANK YOU!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 1 16

Hey there, 

I'm Zuzanna, from the team here at Shopify :)

An app like Locksmith would be a great way to get this done! They let you lock down certain products, pages, or whole collections so that only people that you want to give access to will see them. Check it out here

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us here :) 

Have a great one,
Zuzanna

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

This still the best solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
76 0 12

An alternative is to create a new product, then make sure it isn't part of any collections. Including the 'all' collection (if the 'all' collection isn't listed in your dashboard, you'll have to create it so you can overide the site's default behaviour). You can then send your customers a link to the product's page, even though there won't be a path/link to the product from your storefront.

Cheers,

Oli

——————————

Founder @ www.preproduct.io

Test and make sales for future products

0 Likes