Creating Multiple Stores-Need Multiple Emails?

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 3

So a business partner and I are going to be creating a few different shopify stores.  The stores are in different niches so it doesn't make sense to have them all be 1 store.  We understand we will have to pay the shopify monthly fees etc. for each individual store.  We are fine with that.

The only issue I'm having is it seems to be I need to create a NEW email account to start a new shopify store, as the existing account is already tied to my current store.

My partner and I are both experienced internet marketers and could potentially be making dozens of individual sites.  It seems very confusing from a personal standpoint to have to have dozens of emails just to login to the different stores.

Anyone have any advice regarding this?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
516 100 97

Hey Nathanael! 

You are welcome to use the same email address to sign up for multiple stores. You will need to create a new yourstore.myshopify.com address but the email account on file can be the same. There is no limit to the amount of stores one email account can have :) 

Let me know if you have any more questions about multiple stores! 

- Victoria D

Vix | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

Highlighted
1 0 0

We have multiple stores and I want to keep one email as a store owner for all stores. So I can easily switch over in between stores after a single login.

But when I am changing store owner email in all stores, there is a warning, email is already taken!!! and can't change email

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Same problem here. When i try to change the Emailadress, it says that the adress is already taken (i created a second shop with the new Email-Adress). Which means that right now i cannot change the Email Adress.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Have the same problem right now. How was this issue solved? Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

How do I do that?

0 Likes