Creating Variable Products

Solved
SCL
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi there,

I'm a furniture store looking to try and create products with multiple variables. With basic Shopify, I can only find a way to define one product with single variables, ie. Chair Frame colour in Black, White, Grey.

But I'm looking to have the option for a wider assortment of variables, like this:

Chair frame colour: Black, White, Grey

Fabric colour: Red, Green, Blue

Cushion Thickness: 3", 4", 5", 6"

And so on.

Is there a way in the back end to do so, or would I be looking at an app to assist in creating the extra variables?

Thank you kindly!

0 Likes
HKJ
Pathfinder
86 4 14

This is an accepted solution.

@SCL wrote:

Hi there,

I'm a furniture store looking to try and create products with multiple variables. With basic Shopify, I can only find a way to define one product with single variables, ie. Chair Frame colour in Black, White, Grey.

But I'm looking to have the option for a wider assortment of variables, like this:

Chair frame colour: Black, White, Grey

Fabric colour: Red, Green, Blue

Cushion Thickness: 3", 4", 5", 6"

And so on.

Is there a way in the back end to do so, or would I be looking at an app to assist in creating the extra variables?

Thank you kindly!

Look for the "add another option" button.

HKJ
Pathfinder
86 4 14
SCL
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi HKJ,

Thank you for finding that for me. Because I imported my existing store into Shopify, my pre-existing variables transferred over with it. As such, that "Add Another Option" checkbox wasn't available for me until I deleted the old variables from my previous site.

Thank you again!

0 Likes
HKJ
Pathfinder
86 4 14

You're welcome!

0 Likes