Creating a Digital Membership/Subscription

3 0 0

I sell digital products and I am wanting to do a monthly membership store, when a customer purchases it, they get access to download any product in the store at no additional charge for each month that they are a member, including any products that are continuously added. But I also want to have the same digital items where they can be purchased at a set price for those who do not wish to do the monthly membership. I am trying to figure out the easiest way to do this in shopify and make the process smooth and painless for my customers. Does anyone have any experience doing this sort of thing?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
169 36 39

Hi @vinylworld,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

I've found two apps that would work for you. The first option would be Bold Memberships. This would be the simplest way to go about this and would automate a lot of the process for you.

The second option is an app called Locksmith. With Locksmith, you can lock certain collections to only be accessible once your customers log in. You can make some collections available to only specific groups of customers. For example, those tagged with Membership. Locksmith is a great app so I wanted to mention it here, but may require a little more manual work than the Bold app would.

What kind of digital products are you selling in your store? I'd love to hear more about your business.

How has your store set up been so far? Have you taken advantage of any of our free courses available on the Shopify Academy yet?

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes