Creating a hidden page with exclusive products?

MuleFishing
3 0 0

This is probably easier to do than I realize but I can't seem to figure it out and haven't found anyone else who has asked the question so here it is...

Is there a way to create an additional catalog page BUT it only contains products which don't show up anywhere else on the site? Additionally, I don't want it to appear as a tab on my site. I just want it to be a direct link.

I would like to start selling products that are a bit like an "easter egg" to my fans on social media. I will drop the link with limited-run unique merchandise but only those who find it can access these items. 

Thank you all in advance for your help!

0 Likes
r8r
Shopify Expert
1004 106 321

Hi,

if you really want a lot of control with an admin-ui, you coud try Locksmith.

You could also set up a collection that's not linked to from anywhere on the page and make this collection listing page your "exclusive products" listing. The only thing you'd have to make sure is, that the exclusive products are also excluded from the search as well as any blocks that you might use to show products throughout the site. This article explains how to hide your products from search result, using metafields. (The mentioned Chrome extension isn't available anymore, but you can really use any other metafields editor app instead to accomplish the same thing.)

Hope this helps!
Mario

Mario Rader [he] ★ If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission. ★ Studio Mitte
• Meine Antwort war hilfreich? Hinterlass bitte ein Like.
• Meine Antwort hat Dein Problem behoben? Bitte akzeptiere sie als Lösung.
• Ich hab dir etwas erspart? Ich freue ich mich immer über eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit
• Ja, ich biete Shopify-Services & -Entwicklung und freue mich von Dir zu hören!
• Bitte teile einen Link zu der Seite, deren Problem Du in deinem Beitrag beschreibst!

• Yes, I provide Shopify-services & -development. Feel free to get in touch!
• Please share a link to the site, which you refer to in your problem description. This incredibly increases the chances of you receiving a useful answer!
• My answer was useful? Please leave a Like.
• My answer solved your issue? Please accept it as the solution.
• I saved you time or money? I'm always happy to receive a little thank you.
0 Likes
MuleFishing
3 0 0

Thank you Mario!

This definitely helps get me started. Only follow up question I have is how I can ensure my new collection doesn't roll into the main catalog section of my website? As of now, all items roll into that by default and I can't seem to adjust that.

0 Likes
r8r
Shopify Expert
1004 106 321

@MuleFishing this depends entirely on the configuration of your page and what components you're using. If you use modules that won't let you filter (or rather exclude) products by category, you'll have to do custom work. Honestly, I'd try and ee how far Locksmith can take you. That seems to be the most promising path to me …

Mario

Mario Rader [he] ★ If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission. ★ Studio Mitte
• Meine Antwort war hilfreich? Hinterlass bitte ein Like.
• Meine Antwort hat Dein Problem behoben? Bitte akzeptiere sie als Lösung.
• Ich hab dir etwas erspart? Ich freue ich mich immer über eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit
• Ja, ich biete Shopify-Services & -Entwicklung und freue mich von Dir zu hören!
• Bitte teile einen Link zu der Seite, deren Problem Du in deinem Beitrag beschreibst!

• Yes, I provide Shopify-services & -development. Feel free to get in touch!
• Please share a link to the site, which you refer to in your problem description. This incredibly increases the chances of you receiving a useful answer!
• My answer was useful? Please leave a Like.
• My answer solved your issue? Please accept it as the solution.
• I saved you time or money? I'm always happy to receive a little thank you.
0 Likes
MuleFishing
3 0 0

Thanks - I was hoping to avoid spending additional money per month to do this. All good, I appreciate your help!

0 Likes
DREW7
Excursionist
11 1 4

From personal experience, I'd just emphasize to follow Mario's instructions to make sure search engines don't pick up the link.  Otherwise, you'll start getting orders from randoms that came across the link online.  You'll also find that people post the link to forums, social media etc...and things will generally become a nightmare.  There's all sorts of workarounds but it's a royal pita.