Creating a single invoice for multiple orders

Admin_bbh
Tourist
9 0 10

Hello everyone,

We are a company that sells baked goods and many of our customers are companies gifting to their own customers.

So they often choose to do bulk orders of 20 to 30 orders at a time, that are sent to different customers. 

So far, i have been creating a single draft order with all the products and the shipping costs for my corporate bulk orders and then, once paid, i was creating all the orders in bulk. This is working great. 

The only issue that i have is that it is completely messing up my sales reports 😞 

So i was wondering if there is a way to create a single invoice from multiple draft orders. that would really be the ideal for me. 

Does anybody know how to do this? 

Thanks a lot!

Replies 6 (6)

chr_be
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey.

Did you already find a solution for that? I am looking for exactly the same feature now.

Best regards, Christoph

Admin_bbh
Tourist
9 0 10

Unfortunately no, i haven't found a solution... So my sales reports are still completely messed up 😞 

But at least i can accept corporate bulk orders... 

OwnerLP
Visitor
2 0 0

@Admin_bbh Hi there. I have this issue too. As a workaround I’m thinking 1. Accept the invoice 2. Create a separate order for each recipient and set the price at $0. This should balance it out, no?

also, Shopify support recommended an app called Multiship where you can input multiple addresses. 

I hope this helps you. Please let me know. 

Admin_bbh
Tourist
9 0 10

Thanks for reploying and sharing your work around 🙂

Yes, this is also what we have been doing. 

It is of course completely messing up all our reporting and our ability to track our margins... and i am not even talking about inventory or production management. 

And multiship is definitely not the answer. 

beta1963
Tourist
10 0 0

Did you ever find a solution within shopify?  We have same issue with corporate gift orders.

Currently we just create the orders within Shopify and mark them paid manually, but then send a bulk invoice through paypal to collect the payment.  All the invidual orders function as normal with tracking and so on.

Vignesh96
Shopify Partner
114 12 18

Hey @Admin_bbh,

I tried searching online but didn't find a direct solution for this. Maybe one of these workarounds might make sense to you.

You can potentially try clubbing these draft orders and generating the invoice for the new combined order.
You can even create a separate draft order with the full order details and generate an invoice for that. 

Do let me know if any of these work 🙂

Cheers,
Vignesh
ModeMagic

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Install ModeMagic - Product Labels & Badges for your store
Featured on Shopify App Store