Creating new product type and vendor

Highlighted
1 0 3

It should be simple, and I've done it before, but I can't figure out how to create a new Product Type or a new Vendor.  Before, I thought that I could do it directly from the dropdown menus on the new product page, but now those dropdown menus only have my existing product types and vendors with no option to create a new one.  Help!!!

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
143 0 18

Hey Dell,

It is quite simple actually. All you need to do is go in the Product page and just type in the Product Type or Vendor. If it already exists, you should be able to select it from the drop-down list. If not, then you can simply type it in and save.

Hope this helps!

John | Shopify

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you for the answer.  I was having the same problem and you resolved it in just a couple of words.  I have been driving myself crazy with all the searching for where to do it and it was so easy.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Oh my goodness! My thoughts exactly - you were not the only one searching in frustration! :) Thank you for the clear and concise solution!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

How do you it in bulk?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have just figure it out.. Thank you.

Shopify should take an effort to explain this better... 3 days of insanity to get to the bottom of it

0 Likes