Credit Card Problem

Highlighted
4 0 0

Had a customer contact me today who stated:

Carme

Hey.  I can't check out.  I am stuck at the credit card screen and nothing happens.  Well, eventually it kicks me out

Carme

First it tells me to REFRESH MY SCREEN and then when I do I have 4 gray lines with a white line that passes through them

Customer was not able to finish their order.  During the course of this chat, I did receive another order from a different customer plus I was able to go and create an order including entering the credit card information.

Anyone know what might be causing the described problem?  We had something similar described to us in the past.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
423 55 77

Hi, @Jeff_Buss,

Hank here from Shopify. 

Has this only occurred with the one customer? It very much sounds like a localised issue like their Internet Servicer Provider (ISP) or a cache issue with their device. For those situations, we advise you ask if they can you try opening your website using incognito mode to see if this works? If it does, then you can ask that they try clearing your cache.

If the issue is happening for more than one customer, or if you are experiencing the issue, it may be something else that is affecting this. Would it be possible to share your store URL and I can try to make a test purchase on my end?

Or if you had any screenshots of the error message itself, that would also be really helpful.

Let me know how you get on!

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Hank:  This was limited to one customer.  We received other orders and have received more overnight.

I will contact the customer and provide your solution(s).

Our store is:  https://store.teledyneisco.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
423 55 77

That you for confirming that for me!

I have taken a look at your store and can comfortably advise, that I was able to input credit card details in the checkout area . So it looks like it was just a localised issue with that one customer meaning advising of the above, will resolve that issue, and they should be able to check out successfuly.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes