Credit card verification

kester90
3 0 0

151187356_1393201971018544_4687886412176821586_n.jpg151228582_191874802426119_3717092895984369368_n.jpg

Hello, i have been having this issue with my shopify account and even when i try to make a new account it keeps telling me my card could not be verify. please i need help asap because my shop is saying unavailable. my email is millerkester@gmail.com please help. i need to get access back please. i made this new account to reach out.

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
679 67 90

Hey, @kester90!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Thank you for posting in the Shopify Community Forums. 

I understand you're trying to add a credit card to your Shopify account, but are receiving an error stating the card is being rejected. In order for a credit card to be used as the billing method for a Shopify account, the card must meet some conditions. These conditions are as follows: 

• Must be a post paid credit card (pre-paid cards are not supported)
  • If it is a cobranded credit/debit card, it must be cobranded with a credit card type that we accept (Visa, Mastercard, Amex)
  • Must be a Visa, Mastercard or Amex
  • Must be capable of accepting charges in USD
  • Must be capable of making online purchases
  • Must be capable of accepting recurring billing
  • Must have appropriate funds available
  • Must enter billing address and details the same as what your bank has on file
  • Must not have a restriction on how much the bank will allow to be processed at once

Please contact your credit card provider to ensure all of these conditions are met, or try using a different card. I also suggest having them make sure there are no other restrictions on your card that may affect a recurring online subscription. Another point worth noting, for merchants operating outside of the United States, PayPal can be used to pay your Shopify subscription. There is some more information on accepted payment methods over in our Billing FAQ. 

Once you've updated your account with an accepted payment method, you should have no trouble re-activating and accessing your account. I hope to see this resolved shortly! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes