Critique my Shopify Store Please!

Solved
gtanner57
Tourist
9 0 1

Hello! 

We just completely re built our site from Wix to shopify and would LOVE to get feedback from the knowledgeable contributors in this forum!

Www.getabrik.com

We sell a giftable 4 lb cement BRIK with a knife inside. Customers have to smash the BRIK open to get their knife and a code for chance to win a $300 prize knife. Thanks for your feedback!!!

Isaac Yung

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1227 109 298

There's a problem with your domain:

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 10.02.13 AM.jpg

It's probably an issue with your DNS configuration (with your domain registrar) or the connection in Shopify in Online Store > Domains.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
gtanner57
Tourist
9 0 1
Wow thank you for the heads up!!! I’ll get that fixed right now. HUGE help. And an easy one. Hopefully.
0 Likes
gtanner57
Tourist
9 0 1

Okay I fixed the domain settings with Shopify and things are working well now. People should actually be able to access the site to critique it now. 

Thanks again!!!

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1227 109 298

This is an accepted solution.

Nice, cool concept.

Some things I think would help level up your biz:

1) Add an about page to make an emotional connection with your users and link to it in the main navigation. I've done heat map testing and found people love clicking on About page and learning about the brand.

2) Set up a product reviews app to automatically collect reviews, highlight your best reviews, and add social proof to your site. Reviews have been proven to increase conversion. There are a bunch of apps, I think the best in terms of features, performance, and price is Judge.me. Here's how I like to set it up: https://speedboostr.com/best-reviews-app-for-shopify.

3) I'm a big fan of social enterprise, and through study have found that customers are more willing to purchase from brands with a social cause. I would put more energy into explaining your mission. For example, unless someone lands on your home page they would have no idea. Consider adding a section at the bottom of product pages and/or #1 I mentioned above.

4) Your footer social media links open in the same page, bouncing the user from your site. I recommend opening all external links in a new tab. You can do this by adding the attribute target="_blank" to the link tag, for example:

<a href="https://www.instagram.com/smashgrabwin/" target="_blank>IG icon</a>

The code for the social links is probably in theme.liquid or a section / snippet called footer.liquid.

5) Your add to cart button on the product page blends in with the rest of the page. Consider making your primary call to action stand out by making it a different color than anything else on the page (like your PayPal button). If your main goal is to get people to click the buy with paypal button, then no action needed, but if your main goal is to add to the cart then I would make it stand out. For sites with multiple products add to cart is usually the main goal, but yours may be different. Just offering perspective.

Cool product, good luck on Shopify!

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
gtanner57
Tourist
9 0 1

Joe, This feedback is AMAZING. I will work hard to implement most/all of these suggestions. Thank you for lending your expertise to our small company!