Cross-Selling Traffic Sharing plugin

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Everyone,

I received an email from someone who "picked my store" as part of "Cross-Selling Traffic Sharing plugin". Below is a portion of the email (in italics) with some Shopify's "action descriptions". Has anyone received these types of emails? Is the description of the Shopify model correct? I could not find anyway of sending this to Shopify, so, I'm posting here as I'm rather puzzled. I would appreciate your comments.

Best, Fernanda

Hi ,Azurlis Limited

It’s your traffic sharing partner XYZ. Your products at azurlis.com showed up on my Shopify store, via the Cross-Selling Traffic Sharing plugin we both use, so I decided to reach out.

Are you aware that Shopify shuts down 100% of all credit card merchant accounts owned by its high-risk merchants?

In general, for all industries, a high-risk merchant is a seller who is included in a high-risk industry (https://secureglobalpay.net/what-industries-are-high-risk-merchants/), or either dropships, sells items they currently do not have housed as inventory in their personal warehouse, or sells products which they do not own or created as a brand.

Industries considered high risk to Shopify includes Electronics, Fashion, Beauty, Automobile, House & Garden, Video Games, Software, Downloads, Tickets, Adult, Guns & Accessories, Computer & Services, etc.

When your account is shut down by Shopify, you might be placed on the MATCH list, which would mean that you would be unable to have a new Credit Card account opened for you by any processor, until 5 years.

Shopify Basic costs $29 monthly (and 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction). The Shopify plan is $79 monthly (and 2.6% + 30¢ per transaction). Advanced Shopify is $299 monthly (and 2.4% + 30¢ per transaction). Shopify Plus pricing starts at $2000 monthly.

Wont you agree with me, if I said you are paying too much for an unsuitable service, because you could have a Credit Card merchant account, perfectly suited for Low-High Risk Merchants, with 0% Processing Fees per transaction?

With Cloud Merchant, you can now accept Credit Cards online, with Unlimited Processing at 0%, without the fear of your account ever being shut down.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3252 245 558

Hi @FernandaAzurlis,

My name is Nick and I help manage the Shopify Community. Could you email us privately at communitymailer@shopify.com so we can see who the sender is and investigate further. 

Thanks, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes