Currency convertor app

Highlighted
Excursionist
85 0 6

hi guys, any suggestion on currency convertor app for Shopify? I'm in US and currently prices showing in $. Want to sell to UK and EU using their local currency. thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
756 74 148

Hey there,

Bo here from Shopify Support.

That is a really great question. While the Shopify checkout does not support multi-currency checkout we do have apps such as Bold Multi Currency and BEST Currency Converter which would convert your prices on the storefront to the currency of your customer's country, the currency would, however, revert back to your default in checkout. So if a customer was viewing from Ireland and your default was set to USD, your customer would see the pricing in Euro on the storefront but checkout in USD.

There is a third party app from Bold that is not part of our app store, it is called Cashier. Cashier would use a third-party checkout from Bold which would allow your customer to checkout in their own currency. This checkout would be 100% supported by Bold and it would be completely third-party to Shopify. Cahsier would also require you to have Bold Multi Currency set up on your store also.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
85 0 6

ty Bo. A bit confused about Cashier+Bold.  WIll the cost be 0.25% of my sales? ty

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
756 74 148

That is a really great question. What I would recommend doing, in this case, is reaching out to the developers here. As this is a third party completely outside of Shopify (it is not listed in our app store) they would be the best-equipped people to answer any questions you may have. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
153 0 2

Hi

My suggestion is Currency Converter Box. It provides basic functions which other apps offer. The important thing is that it's free. Even this app allows you to use automatic location conversion. It means that a Canadian can see prices in CAD when they come to your store. Is this great?

I really want to more merchants to know this app.

0 Likes