Custom Attributes Merged

Shaun_Nestor
1 0 0

I added two custom fields to my Cart page following the directions here (https://ui-elements-generator.myshopify.com/pages/cart-attribute). It works great however, when the order is processed and sent to Zapier, the two attributes merge into a single, comma separated value.

For example, my custom field is a date picker (9/28/18) and the second is a time (5pm). When the order is processed, Shopify merges those fields into "9/28/18,5pm". Is there a way to independently name those or otherwise separate them into their own attribute instead of them being called "Notes Attribute Value" with no other differentiator.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to identify the date and time seperately. Ideas?

Current code:

<!--Custom Forms Field-->

<div class="grid__item">

<div class="grid">

<div class="grid__item medium-up--one-sixth small--one-third">

<label for="date" class="cart-note__label small--text-center">Preferred Date:</label>

<input id="date" type="text" name="attributes[date]" value="{{ cart.attributes.date }}" />

<span style="display:block" class="instructions"></span>

</div>

<label for="preferred-shoot-time" class="cart-note__label small--text-center">Preferred Time:</label>

<input id="preferred-shoot-time" type="text" name="attributes[Preferred Shoot Time]" value="{{ cart.attributes["Preferred Shoot Time"] }}">

</div>

<label for="internal-reference" class="cart-note__label small--text-center">Internal Reference:</label>

<input id="internal-reference" type="text" name="attributes[Internal Reference]" value="{{ cart.attributes["Internal Reference"] }}">

<span style="display:block" class="instructions"></span></p>

</div>

</div>    

</div>

<!--Custom Forms Field-->

0 Likes
grazeme
1 0 0

Did you ever find a solution for this?

0 Likes