Custom filters on meta fields

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm new to Shopify, so sorry if the question sounds noob, but the documentation is vague and I couldn't make conclusive decision from examples I found online.

I have meta fields on my production - thickness, width and length. I need to create range filter:

Width:

1 - 3

4 - 6

> 6

Length

100-200

200-400

> 400

As I understand, there's no built-in way to do it? The examples that I found solve this by outputting all products into template and them hiding non-matching elements via javascript, which works bad when there are many products in a collection.

Is there a "normal" way to do it? This seems like a basic thing for e-commerce website to have, I'm surprised that it's so difficult to implement.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hi @graymur 

There are apps that allow you to set up filters based on meta fields,  one of the product and collection filter app Sparq does that for Shopify stores. 

You can check out the implementation on this site and you can try the app on your own as well.

Hope my suggestion helps you with meta fields filters 

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes