Custom gift baskets

kingscrate
2 0 0

I am currently hosting my website elsewhere, but there is a limitation on customization, and I'm hoping Shopify could help.

I have a gift basket company, and although we have our standard products, I'd like to have the ability to create custom products.

Ideally the customer would have to choose from a variety of products in categories:

category 1 (choose one)

• item 1 ($x)
  • item 2 ($y)
  • item 3 ($z)

category 2 (choose one)

• item 1 ($x)
  • item 2 ($y)
  • item 3 ($z)

etc.

This way we could control the size of all products selected to ensure that it will fit in our dimensions and help in creating a minimum order price.

Does anyone have any experience or seen something like this? Any help would be great, we'd like to have something up ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes
Zetya_Gavin
Shopify Partner
1245 6 96

Fortune Cookie Soap have a very nice "Create your own Gift Set" feature: http://www.fortunecookiesoap.com/products/create-a-set.

Strictly speaking, this isn't because of Shopify per se, but Shopify's API makes this type of thing a lot easier than other ecommerce systems.

www.bookthatapp.com
0 Likes
kingscrate
2 0 0

thanks BBG, that's the sort of thing I'm looking for. If I could only go 2 months into the past so we're already on Shopify and taking the custom orders :(

0 Likes
cdazzle
2 0 0

Did you get an answer on how? We are dealing with a similar desire, and cannot seem to get it working as desired.

0 Likes