Custom products/ made to measure

DOD
2 0 1

Hi, we have a new site in development (kitchen cabinets) and we want to sell a standard size door plus offer a made to measure option.  The customer would input their preferred size Height x Width and we would calculate the price and add to cart with the info for our team to cut to size. We have tested many apps and we are currently using Best Custom Product Options by Relentless for variant add ons such as handles, edging etc. Can this be achieved or can you recommend an app that could accomplish this?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

PremierStores
Shopify Partner
270 26 44

Hi @DOD 

How do you determine the price for the cabinet? Let us take a look on your formula, maybe it wont require an App.

Let's make the best store!
Contact us at: thepremierstores@gmail.com
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 39 225

Hi, @DOD!

This is Rae from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out with this question. 

There are a few different ways to sell custom products to your customers, and I'm glad to help work through the options with you. 

The first way to offer these products is through an app, like you mentioned. Some apps like Product Personalizer and Custom Product Builder have the ability to create custom products with add-ons, like the handles and edging you mentioned. However, to inquire further about the features included in these apps, I recommend reaching out to app developers directly for more information. They will be able to confirm if their apps can fully meet the needs of the custom products you're offering. You can contact the developers by following these steps

Equally, if you require a completely custom app solution for your store to sell these products, then I suggest reaching out to Shopify Experts to inquire further about having this built for your site. 

Another way to handle the process of selling custom products is to create a contact form on your site that customers can fill out with the details of their product. When you receive a form submission with the product details outlined, your team can work to determine the cost of building the product the customer requested. Then, you can create a draft order for the product, and email the invoice directly to the customer so that they can make payment. This is a great way to ensure that each custom product is charged at the correct rate, without having to rely on an app. 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about these methods, and I'll be happy to provide more assistance. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

madeinply
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi please visit our store www.madeinply.co.uk as an example. I am just about to launch a new business called parametric 3d offering these services. Please get in touch if it is of interest?

0 Likes
lizzieog
2 0 0

I like the way you can scale the measurement tab...trying to research info for someone who needs to build a shopify site for made to measure curtains and blinds. Did you use an app?

cheers

lizzie

0 Likes
madeinply
Tourist
8 0 1

Get in touch with us here:

sales@paramteric3d.co.uk

0 Likes
lizzieog
2 0 0

tried to email you - email bounced back....

0 Likes
madeinply
Tourist
8 0 1

typo sorry

sales@parametric3d.co.uk

ShaiBracha
Tourist
19 0 2

Hey - 

We were also trying to sell custom products and couldn't find an app to help us, so we built an app and put it on the Shopify app store: https://apps.shopify.com/custom-price-calculator

You can build any type of customization you want and allow your customers to insert inputs based on their needs.

We have a 5 star rating and offer a 7 day trial! If you have any questions feel free to email at support@apippa.com

Thanks