Customer Account Email

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I have an issue with setting up customer accounts, which are using the same email address.

I have a customer, which has 3 different outlets, which order and are invoiced separately, but use a single email address.

Is there a way to set up multiple customer accounts with the same email address?

Thanks in advance,

Noel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 97

Hey, Noel!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

Email addresses are the primary way for customers to be identified by the Shopify system, so if the same email address is used, it's considered part of the same account.  That said, it's entirely possible to set up multiple names and addresses within that one account!  Once your customer is logged in, they'll have an option to view their account details.  Within those details, there's the option to view their addresses - exactly how that's displayed will vary depending on your theme, but should look something like this:

Once on that screen, your customer can add multiple names and addresses to be chosen from:

One address will always be the default, but during the checkout process your customer will be able to choose between their saved details - here's a video illustrating what that looks like from the customer's end!  The billing address can also be changed in this manner, if it's not the same as the shipping address - so long as it's an address the customer has saved.

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time.  We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks Alex,

That will let me away for now,

Ideally would be able to keep to separate customer accounts

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Alex

Is it possible on an upload of customers to have multiple addresses imported?

0 Likes