Customer Accounts Will Not Show Up

Highlighted
3 0 2

The option to create a customer account will not show up.  I have the "customer account" as optimal, but there is no option.  Is there something I have to do?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 504

Hi @redclover,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Do you mean the option for you to create a customer account in your admin won't show up? 

19-06-7hnce-zihex

Or do you mean the option for a customer themselves to create their own accounts on the public front of your store?

If you want your customer to be able to set up their own on your storefront you would need to enable it in your store admin. You can do that by taking the following steps. 

19-06-oiwiq-kjo7j

Could you let me know where the option isn't showing up for you and if either of the above help? 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 2

The option for a customer themselves to create their own accounts on the checkout does not exist.  I have it as optional, but it does not show up at all.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 504

That does seem quite strange @redclover.

Would you be able to list your store URL in a reply to me here please and I can take a look at it and see myself, please? Without seeing the store it's difficult to troubleshoot why this might be happening. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

I also am having this issue.  When a customer goes to checkout, they are only directed to a login but not a place to create a new account.  They would have to go back to the home page and create their account there, then go back to the shopping cart to continue.  I don’t think this will be intuitive for people.  I may consider the option of doing check out as a guest until there’s a fix for this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 504

Hi @RNDesigns,

Would you be able to share a link URL for your store please and I can look into this for you? 

Are you looking to have a place for customers to create an account outside of having to purchase something from the store also? Let me know! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0
Yes it’s rebeccanoeldesigns.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 504

I took a look and saw that customers can still create an account login from the checkout area you are referring to. You can see it in the screenshot:

20-04-tjy9f-5lvjc

Is this the page you meant?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0
So they can login but most people will be creating a new account- where is the option for that at checkout?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0
Oh it’s way up there.... I wonder if this is something Shopify can do differently. Seems confusing. Most places when you have to create an account, the info to create new account is right underneath login.
0 Likes