Customer Eligilility for Specific Customers----ERROR??

Alexsok
1 0 0

I am creating a discount for 157 people who have received expired product. I added everyone's email in separately and it was running smoothly, until I went to save it and this message came up. 

Alexsok_0-1611781217350.png

"Customer prerequisites exceed max number" is what it says. This is very frustrating because it doesn't let me know until I have finished manually adding in 157 emails manually and Shopify doesn't let you know what the max number is????????

-Alyssa Small 

alyssa@cairnspring.com

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 39 225

Hi, @Alexsok

This is Rae from the Shopify team.

I appreciate you reaching out about the error you received. I understand your frustration with this, and I'm happy to help out. 

To clarify, discounts created in the Shopify admin are limited to containing 100 individual customers. However, if you create a customer group for eligible customers instead, you will be able to add this group to the discount without running into this limit. 

To create a customer group, just follow these steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify admin.  
  2. Click on 'Customers' in the lefthand sidebar. 
  3. Work through your customers list to select every applicable customer. 
  4. Once all customers are selected, click 'More actions > Add tags'
  5. Enter in a tag for this group of customers and click 'Save'. Please note, it may take some time for the tags to apply to each customer. 
  6. Once all tags have been applied, navigate to the top of the 'Customers' section of your admin and beside the 'Filter customers' bar, click 'Tagged with' and enter in your newly created tag. 
  7. All customers with this tag will appear. 
  8. Click 'Save filters' at the top of the page, enter in a title for the filter, and click 'Save filters' again. 

This will create a customer group at the top of the 'Customers' section of your admin that contains only customers who are eligible to receive your discount code. 

Then, you can add this customer group to your discount by following these steps. When you reach step 8, make sure to apply the discount to only your newly created customer group. 

This should help resolve things, but let me know how it goes, or if you run into any troubles along the way! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes