Customer Tag Based Shipping Rules

Solved
3 0 0

I have a very specific scenario for my shipping rules that I can't seem to find any extension that could solve this. Basically, I want to be able to set shipping rules based on the customer's tags.

Here's my plan

We will have 2 memberships(1 free and 1 paid) that will allow customers to shop on our store. The paid membership will allow people to get free shipping/delivery and the second one would charge a fixed amount for shipping/delivery.

The customers will have a tag to differentiate on which membership they are. So what I'm looking for is a solution to offer shipping/delivery rates based on the customers' tag.

Anyone know how I could get this done?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 1 7

Hey there Frank,

This is Alex from Shopify Guru team, happy to assist you today!

While there isn't an option currently in the platform, there are a couple applications in our app store that can cater to this need. I'd recommend checking out Bespoke Shipping, as it'll allow you to create custom shipping rates. Keep in mind that it comes with a 7 day trial period, then $15/m thereafter.

Carrier Calculated Shipping is also required for most if not all applications that can create custom shipping rates, which is available on annual billing cycle, $20/m a la carte or included in the Advanced plan. 

Alternatively, you can create a free shipping discount code based on customer tags in Discounts in your Admin, however this will mean you'll need to provide this code to the customers you'd like to benefit from the free shipping (possibly through an email campaign). 

Best regards,

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify
1 Like
3 0 0

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for the information, I actually tried Bespoke a few days ago and that is the solution that I will be going with because they meet all of our needs :)

Cheers!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Can this be done by customer TAG ?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi there Alex

You say here: "Alternatively, you can create a free shipping discount code based on customer tags in Discounts in your Admin"

This is exactly what I want! But i can't seem to figure out how to do it.

When I try to create a discount in my admin, I can only restrict the discount to customer "groups", not tags.

How do I restrict the discount to only work for customers with a specific tag?

Alternatively, is there a way to create a dynamic group based on a customer tag that I can then restrict the discount to that group?

Thanks in advance for your help

Kind regards

Bradley

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 5

Discount codes and coupon codes are not a reasonable solution for businesses who wish to offer memberships.  Not only does my business offer memberships but also has a rewards program.  

Our membership provides free shipping, yet customers can only enter one code at a time per transaction and are forced to choose either free shipping or using their rewards certificate. 

What amazes me is that these are incredibly simple concepts, and while the original poster suggested this is a very specific scenario, it is used by thousands of businesses.  

Why does shopify not enhance their product regularly.  One code per transaction limitation has been complained about many times.  Why has this not been addressed?  Why does shopify not offer Tag based conditions for pricing?  These are all NON industry or niche specific concepts and should be here.  

I expect Shopify to find a solution to this problem.  That is why i pay $300 a month.  Please address. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

We've been with Shopify for 6 years, and haven't really seen any major worthwhile updates.   All Shopify really does is make a crap load of money off of us for bare bones basic and push apps to do the rest.

1 Like