Customer Tag History Query

Highlighted
3 0 1

Hi community,

Our shop uses customer tags quite extensively and we've built a decent amount of logic around them: When they get applied, how long they're valid for, etc.

For that reason, it would be helpful (e.g. for Customer Service) to be able to query the history of tags. For example, when did the tag 'vip' get applied for customer xyz? It might be that one tag gets applied, un-applied and re-applied numerous times over the course of a few months.

I haven't been able to find a solution that lets us query for timestamps of tags.

Would love any suggestions that would allow us to see history of tags on customer level.

(reposted this question from here, hoping it's more appropriate under this section)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
71 2 2

Hey

Sounds like really interesting data flow you have around your customers. The customer API only has updated_at () for the customer data so it doesn't relate only to the tag changes. If the customer makes an order after tag change then this data field will also get updated. The example timestamp is:

"updated_at": "2020-11-04T16:30:27-05:00"

You may need to manage how you enter tags against customers from a third party app which will give you more visibility on timing of tag changes. I'm assuming you currently do it directly through Shopify. 

We capture order and customer data from Shopify with our platform and can then modify this data before posting back. You could then also have better visibility across timing of tag changes. May not be the solution you are looking for if you want to manage everything directly within Shopify. If you would like to discuss further just get in touch and can demo to show how we can customise to fit your needs.

Regards

Tom

Over 16 years experience in operating ecommerce businesses.
DM me on here or via message at Channelup
0 Likes