Customer account logins not working

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi We have had several complaints from customers saying they opened an account but now cannot login.

This has been going on for over a year. 

1. It seems like on some orders we do not have the option to resend an invitation.

2. When we try to add the customer it says the email is already taken.

What is the problem?

Some comments from customers below

"I checked the email I used before and that was okay, but your system wouldn't let me reset the password."

I am unable to log-in. Tried to reset the password but it says "No account found with that email.

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

bump

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

bump

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We have the same issue. Have you received any solutions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I Also fond:

A. that when longing in, there is no indication that you are logged in except (Log out) usually it should mention the name of who is logging in, example : HELLO JOHN.

B. This will help the customer if they have more than one account OR the computer is used by more than one customer.

C. I also Found when creating a new account and there is a previous accounts, the email and the password of the last user is there and not deleted. all provisions should be blank. the only blank provisions are the first name and last name.

D. now when clicking on the Account to sign in, shopify takes you form LOG IN PAGE to MY ACCOUNT PAGE

the information in the MY ACCOUNT PAGE does not show your name and addresses you did while checking out and than abandon cart. what you see in MY ACCOUNT PAGE is ACCOUNT DETAILS with view addresses zero and you need to update it manually.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi,

Did any one find a fix for this?

I know it's a cache issue. Customers using multiple accounts from the same device are facing it.
But I cannot explain this to the customers. Please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Apparently we have stumped the entire shopify guru community...

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
I am having the same issue. Very inconvenient
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I have the same issue. Is it a coding problem? I don't even know what coding is lol