Customer acquisition for a Shopify Store

1 0 0

Anyone here wants to talk about how you acquire customers to your Shopify store? I am interested in specific campaign settings for paid ads.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
348 33 76

Hi, @irulan!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. It's so great to hear you're ready to start marketing. I've written a lot of information below, but if you do need more, please don't hesitate to reach out.

I recommend checking out Shopify Compass. Shopify Compass provides you with webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing and more. It's 100% free for everyone and new content is being added all the time. This program will help you drive more traffic into your store and also convert that traffic into sales.

Have you heard about the Shopify Blog? It's got loads of great content on ways for you to drive sales into your store. I've got some great recommendations below that I'd recommend taking a look at:

Driving Traffic but No Sales?
* We give you 13 steps to improve your conversions.
* Who is your target audience, and does your sites look and feel cater to them?
* Is your business trustworthy? (Also see the next recommendation below for more on this)

The 39-Point Store Trust Checklist
* Work through a checklist to make sure your store is trusted by potential customers.
* Look at the "nice to haves" vs "must-haves" in your store.
* Do you have essential information for your customers to view, like policies?

Email marketing is the best way to keep your customers engaged. Once you've chosen a marketing strategy and had customers sign up, it's a great time to keep in touch them! I've outlined two potential options for you below.

Shopify Email
Shopify Email is a great way to get started with email marketing. With Shopify Email, you can create beautiful email newsletters showcases your products and keeping customers updated. At the moment, it's fairly new so automated emails aren't currently an option. Automated emails are things like welcome emails (sent when a customer signs up), thank you emails (a quick thank you to customers who have purchased from your store) and many more. We are working hard to bring this to Shopify Email, but in the meantime, we do have some solid apps in the Shopify App Store.

Email Marketing Apps
Email marketing apps are super handy to send newsletters, welcome emails, thank you emails and so much more. Email marketing allows you to create newsletters, send automated emails (e.g. welcome emails, thank you emails etc) and you can also edit them and really bring your brand to life. I've recommended a couple for you below.

Seguno
* Free to use up for up to 250 subscribers.
* Send unlimited emails.
* Editing templates will feel familiar as they use editors similar to Shopify's Theme Editor.

Klaviyo
* Free to use up for up to 250 subscribers.
* Sell more with pre-built email flows, including abandoned cart and winback emails.
* Combine data from Shopify and other leading apps to segment your audience and send super-targeted, personalized email campaigns.

If you need more advice, please feel free to share your store URL here and I'll be happy to take a look at your store. Good luck!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes