Customer being charged but no order?!

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi everyone, 

I've been open and taking orders since the end of August but in this past week I've had TWO instances (on different days, different customers) where a customer has emailed me saying they placed an order and were charged for it but never received any confirmation...my first thought was that their order didn't go through and they just assumed they were charged. No, they sent me screen shots of their bank statement with the charge there and NO order to be found anywhere on my end. I talked to a shopify helper and they were stumped and not able to help me resolve the issue at all as they claimed its never happened before and were not really able to investigate the situation further because...well, there was no evidence since there was no order to be found! I thought maybe it was just some freak accident and the customer was hesitant- but was willing to place a new order after the bank gave her the money back. Well, last night the same exact thing happened. This is so SO frustrating. It makes my website look so sketchy and unreliable. And I basically have to give these items to the customer for free after all the hassle they are put through just to prove we have good customer service and won't settle for just "uh oh something went wrong, sorry!"

Please tell me I'm not really the only person in the shopify community dealing with this issue!? I've tried to get in touch with someone again but I am still waiting to hear back. Anyone have any input on this situation? :/

Thanks

Highlighted
Navigator
1137 0 123

Have you checked for abandoned orders?

http://www.StandoutDesigns.com ::: Solid Wood TV Furniture for Enthusiasts. Made in USA.
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

This is happening to me also. The order is not showing up on my dash board.

RachelDelabruere
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 6

I am having a similar problem.  This week I had 10 customers who never received their confirmation email and nor did I. My dashboard has never been reliable so I'm not sure if it's showing up there or not.  It is there when I go into orders, however, I don't know if I have received an order unless I log onto Shopify every 5 minutes and customers don't know if their order has gone through and they are not receiving my bank account details which are on my confirmation email so they can't pay me!  As usual with Shopify problems, this is not something that happens with every order and the shopify gurus will not be able to replicate it and therefore not be able to help. Seriously annoying.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
52 0 4

Happening to our's as well.  Tons and Tons of serious issues happening in the last week.  Images loading, missing confirmations, missing sales figures, quantity of items purchased incorrect.  Extremely frustrating and couldnt happen at the worse time.  it's Holiday Hello!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Very frustrating :( I've spoken to multiple people who don't quite seem to understand my issue as everyone I hear back from seems to give me an answer like "we understand the email system is not working this week to send confirmations, etc, etc, we will have it fixed asap!' NO that's not my problem, the problem is that I have had customers get charged after placing and order but I the shop owner have never received an order from them anywhere (dashboard, email, anywhere...the order just doesn't exist) The only answer I have gotten so far that has actually acknowledged this issue had resolved it by saying " I looked into it and I could not find an order for so and so...let me know if you have any more questions.." YES EXACTLY. But where is my resolution? I understand there is no order that's why I've been contacting you for help...no order but a charge!

Highlighted
Excursionist
52 0 4

Madison, I totally understand!  I called on Monday and was told it was a "known" issue and would be resolved by tues!  Not only are our customers not receiving order confirmations, orders indicate a customer purchased 2 items, when in fact they only paid for one.  Our dashboard of total sales is incorrect.  Also, have noticed some major issues with images!  Google has not been able to crawl due to the image problem as well, which signals to me there are some bigger problems.  Make sure to check your google product feed as well!   This seems to be more than just some missed emails?

We are so FRUSTRATED!   This could not have happened at a worse time! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
240 0 13

So sorry this is happening to you! Hasn't happened to me yet, knock on wood!!

There is a huge problem with Google indexing images from shopify store. I been questioning it for over a month with no answers.

http://productforums.google.com/d/msg/webmasters/8wD78TtOyFk/RDd8XZB8dlgJ

I started this thread on google forum -
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/webmasters/crawling-indexing--ranking/fjVoQdg...

Here is another thread questioning images
http://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-marketing/t/images-not-being-indexed-by-google-156320

Susan - Alley Kids
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
52 0 4

Thank you Ally Kids!  Thought we were alone on many of these issues!  I am sure many members have no idea of the scope of the issues . This is a serious issue with Google Images!  I can not understand why Shopify merchants are not notified of such major update and problems?  I am more frustrated than ever!   This has affected many of our ad campaigns among other things! Please keep me posted on any information you may have !  Would appreciate it! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1
This just happened to me this weekend, I even tried placing an order myself and same thing, I got charged no notification. Did you guys find any solutions for it? Did customers get their money back? Please advice