Why is my customer getting a 'site not trusted' error at checkout?

amanitaty
Tourist
5 0 1

a customer notified me that when they check out, it says "this site's security is not trusted." please help!! I've just updated my plan and started it. tried again and still not working.

Replies 5 (5)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @amanitaty,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

It sounds as though your SSL certs or domain could be causing the error here. Who is your domain provider and can you share your store's URL with me here so I can take a closer look? Are you able to see this warning as well or was it just the customer? If it was just the customer, by any chance did they mention where they are located? 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

amanitaty
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey my URL is https://allnclothing.com .... I’m fairly new to this I know my domain is secure I’ve just got charged for it the other day. It maybe is my SSL which I really don’t know what it is. I remember seeing it say pending.. how can I fix that?

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @amanitaty,

Thanks for getting back to me! When I first viewed the store I could also see an SSL error, however, it looks like they were fully provisioned as I was troubleshooting and the error no longer appears. For example, you can see the certifications are secure if you click the little lock symbol here in a browser. More information regarding SSL certs can be found in this guide if you would like to take a look but overall, the domain is fully active now and the SSL certificates have been issued so your customer should no longer see that error. 

Please let me know if you come across this again though and I'll help you further. How are you finding Shopify so far? If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

amanitaty
Tourist
5 0 1

thank you as well, I’m really enjoying Shopify so far. My site was saying “not secured” on my mobile browser and now shows the lock so I’m guessing it’s fine now. Is there any way I can test it or someone has to check out to see? 

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @amanitaty,

That's great to hear! I've double-checked this for you and for sure your SSL certs have been issued by Shopify.

You could ask a friend who's based in a different location to try and replicate the error if you would like, however, I'm based in Europe and I'm no longer see an error or anything wrong with the set up of your domain. You can view your domains SSL status from the Online Store > Domains section of your admin too. If you can see a yellow "pending" status, this means that something is wrong with the domain, but if you can see a green "connected" status then you're good to go.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,