Customer claims to have made payment but no confirmation email or order seen

JetkoCrystals
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello,

I have a customer that claims to have made a payment for the draft order I created for the. The customer sent screenshots of the transaction being debited from her bank account but I don't have any order matching her info on my end, only the draft order that's still unsettled on my end. What do I do? I can't find any phone number to contact Shopify. I told the customer to contact her bank directly but says she can't get ahold of them... Is there anything I can do on my end? The customer wants a refund but I don't have an order to refund her....

Any input helps!!

Replies 3 (3)

g33kgirl
Shopify Partner
390 109 143

Hi,

You can chat/email with Shopify customer support using this link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact

If you found my answer helpful, please LIKE and ACCEPT.
buymeacoffee.com/g33kgirl
If you're not comfortable with code, please modify code files at your own risk.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hello, @JetkoCrystals.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

Sorry to hear that one of your customers wasn't able to complete their purchase. Typically, when a payment is made and deducted from an account, it's in transit of being deposited to the merchant account and verified by the receiving bank. However, if the funds aren't received or deposited into your account, then it's likely that their payment is stuck in limbo and has not gone through - this is also why the order is still sitting as draft. When a payment is stuck limbo, it will usually be returned to the original account. In this particular instance, you did the right thing - it's best to advise the customer to contact their bank or credit card provider and they'll be able to assist them with tracking down their funds. 

As suggested by @g33kgirl (PS: thank you), if you need to contact our Support team - you can get in touch with us through the Shopify Help Center. Our Support team would be happy to assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Simply log in to your account through our Help Center and you'll be prompted to make a search. Once you've completed a search, a button to get support will appear under the resources generated from the search. From there, you'll be able to choose one of the contact methods and start a support request. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JTorregano
Tourist
8 0 2

Disreguard.

I thought I was asking this in another thread that had not found the solution. I didn't see an option to delete my reply.

This just happened in my shop. Was there ever any explanation or fix for it?