Customer controlled variant for weight

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

Could someone point me in the right direction for a specific kind of functionality? I have a shop that sells herbs through the online store and POS system in Shopify. Currently you can select by the ounce how much you want to buy (1 oz, 5, oz, etc).  Is it possible to have a custom input on the product page for the weight of the herb (a slider or a plus/minus increment/decrement).  This would calculate a new price depending on the weight the customer has selected.  Any help is much appreciated.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
96 14 15

Hello, @kirkh34

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. This is a great question, and I definitely see why it is beneficial for the type of products that you are selling. Therefore, I have a solution for you!

The functionality that you are looking for is achieved by using a third party app from our App Store. At this time, separate apps need to be used to enable unit pricing on both your Online Store and POS sales channels. These are the ones I recommend:

For specific questions or assistance with these apps, please contact the developer directly. Both apps have a trial period, so I highly suggest using that time to experiment with the setup, and functionality to determine if they will work for your business needs. If you uninstall the app before the trial time expires, you will not be charged for it.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

All the best,

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes