Customer file upload greater than 20MB

Solved
AndrewOtten
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi All,

I have an issue with the 20mb file upload limit.

We have a business printing photos where the customer needs to be able to upload images, often over 20mb.

I would love some suggestions that let the customer simply upload larger files without them having to leave my site.

Thank you in advance.

Andrew 

ottenprint.com.au

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3517 281 676

Hi @AndrewOtten,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question!

It is possible for your customer to have the ability to upload more than the 20mb file limit but it will require the use of an app from the Shopify App Store. There are numerous apps which you can look into for this function. Let's take a look at some of them below:

• File to Inbox - File to Inbox will allow your customers to upload anything up to 2GB
  • Upload Fields by UploadKit - Upload Fields will allow your customers to upload anything up to 5GB
  • Uploadery - Similar to File to Inbox, Uploadery will allow your customers to upload anything up to 2GB

Hopefully, one of the apps above can do what you are looking for and have enough space to allow your customers to upload files large enough for you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AndrewOtten
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the reply and info.

I've been looking at the app store for something similar with no monthly outlay. Can you suggest something?

I hate to sound cheap, but we have reached the limit of, and gone over our budget before our launch. Starting a new business sure is expensive..

Thank you,

Andrew

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3517 281 676

This is an accepted solution.

No problem at all. 

I completely understand where you are coming from, as someone who is also starting a store/ business. The only other way I can think of having something like this applied with no monthly outlay would be to have something custom made for you by a Shopify Expert. This route would involve a much higher upfront cost, but would more than likely remove a monthly cost for you with this. 

With regards to the app costs, this is something which would be out of Shopify's control as the app developers would be the ones who set their own prices. It might be worth reaching out and talking to the app developers directly about this though. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AndrewOtten
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey Nick,

Thanks again mate, this is really helpful.

Have a great day!

Andrew.

alexgmenard
Shopify Partner
7 1 2

I dont get the point on the limit of 20mb. We pay 30$/month. Regardless to any other web host its kinda cheap...

Jaro_Martins
2 0 1

That´s very true. I guess it´s all about moneyyy.. Shopify knows, for sure, that the limit is too low for the customer, and they know they can get money out of this while people spend more to break the limit. Simple as that.

Nethangi
Tourist
13 0 2

@Nick@AndrewOtten  : Actually, you can upload files upload 40MB without a flaw. I just tested it. However, I uploaded a file with 46 MB, still the file seemed to be consumed and uploaded to cdn storage. The problem comes that i can't get it downloaded, as the link seems to be broken. I think its a bug from shopify point of things. The customer had to be informed that the upload would be broken or not available before they checkout as we get informed to upload a file through settings->files.

I want to know what is the actual limit of file upload from input, as an input from product page through customer input?  is there a storage limit overall?

Thank you!

0 Likes
vitallife
5 0 0

Hi,

I have the same issue where i have a PDF which is 27mb, if i was to use any of the mentioned apps would that allow me to create a custome URL or would it be a shopify created URL?

Thanks

0 Likes