Customer order notes to show in order status page

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

When customers purchase products from my store sometimes they will need to add notes to the order. I see them in my Orders page on Shopify Admin however they can not. I want to know if there is a way I can get this to show on the Customers Order Status Page if the customer can't remember what they have written.

Thanks for your help in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
87 0 18

Hi Candice!

Ana here, from the Shopify guru team. Here's the code you will need to add to the "Additional scripts" content box in Settings -> Checkout, within the "Order processing" section:

<script>
{% if order.note != blank %}
   Shopify.Checkout.OrderStatus.addContentBox(
     '<h2>Order notes</h2>',
     '<p>{{ order.note }} </p>'
    )
{% endif %}
</script>

This will display an "Order notes" section on their order status page, if your customer has included a note. See this screenshot for an example:  

If they haven't included a note on their order, then no "Order notes" section will appear.

Hope that helps! :)

Ana

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you So much Anna! That was very helpful x

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Once I add the script to the Checkout, can "order notes" be included in emails to customers or dropshippers?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

This is very helpful!

Is there any way to include html in the body of the notes and get them to render on the order status page? I tried using the additional script and the html comes over on the status page as plain text. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

4 years later this is still helping us!  Thank you!!!!!

0 Likes