Customer profiles

victorharding
2 0 0

I want to give my customers the ability to save products from my store and also create a community section where customers can share. I also want customers to be able to send messages to one another. Will this be something I will be able to do?

0 Likes
Rein
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
58 5 3

Hi @victorharding 

Rein here from Shopify. As I understand it you are looking to create a community section of your site whereby customers can chat, save products and send messages to one another. This is not something that would be possible out of the box. 

There are various apps that you could combine to get an effect similar to this however knowing which would not cause conflicts would be tricky. Therefore the best recommendation here would be to work with a Shopify Expert. Shopify Experts are vetted community members who excel in design, support, marketing and programming for a cost. You can check the marketplace here and see if you can work with a developer who can get this setup for you

Have you taken a look at any other avenues to accomplish this? - Rein

Rein | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
victorharding
2 0 0

Hi @Rein 

I want to try and stay away from apps as much as possible because they make the store slower.

I am doing most of the development of the site my self. But is there any solutions that you think might not slow down the site to much that will work.

Thanks for the help @Rein .

0 Likes
Rein
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
58 5 3

That is a fair point. Most apps would not leave a footprint, but something as fundamental as adding a whole forum and messaging system would be a bit more than an app could manage in most cases. 

My suggestion for working with an experienced Shopify Expert would be the best in this case, if you are not sure how to proceed directly. 

Thanks, Rein. 

Rein | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes