Customers CSV Import: System ignoring Total Spent and Total Orders

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I am trying to import few hundred customer through CSV file. System is able to import all of them without any error but is ignoring Total Spent and Total Orders fields. I tried exporting the imported customers and filled these two columns with actual values but no success. 

CSV file can be accessed here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sypy8otd0uictzy/customers%20%281%29.csv

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Anyone here to help?????

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have having the same issue. Anyone?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same issue! Anyone out there know the answer? We can't just leave this important data behind!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
730 0 50

Hi Graydon, these fields are calculated based on orders in the system and can't be overridden when importing existing customers. You can import your orders using our Order API and associate them with specific customers to show accurate total spent and total orders for a given customer.

I work for Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

You can import your orders using our Order API

Hi Jonathan, that sounds exactly the thing we need. We're trying to use Shopify to keep track of orders both online and in store - it would be ideal to do a daily import of store orders into Shopify. Is there any documentation or (preferably) an App that does this for us?

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
730 0 50

You can check out the Order API in our docs. An app would need to be aware of what format your in-store orders are in. What are you using to track those orders? Also, have you looked into Shopify POS? You'd be able to easily track sales between online and in-store, using the same customer and product info.

I work for Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

We have an offline EPOS system that can output customer's data and purchases from that day. I want to upload it into Shopify, really all that Import Customers doesn't do is update the amount spent data.

Have looked at Shopify POS but we have two retail branches so we can't use that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 3

This should at least be documented here :

http://docs.shopify.com/manual/your-store/customers/import-customers

It will force me to use tags which is not great.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

We've also had this issue. Any one figure out a solution?

0 Likes