Customers Still Buying Out of Stock items

Highlighted
9 0 0

Hey Shelley!

I was struggling with a similar problem and solved it by using inventorify app,

it syncs your products from your shop with your supplier (amazon,etsy, whatever...) and update 

the pricing and stock according to changes on your supplier... it saved me tons of hours.

it also have an option of stop selling an item that is currently out of stock at your supplier

check it out: https://app.inventorify.com/

David.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

I'm facing the same problem. I'm receiving orders from items that are out of stock. please I need help

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

I have the same problem... customers can order items out of stock....i´m not using Continue selling when out of stock and any incoming options.... thanks for the help!!

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 13

Hi!  We just sold a product over the weekend that was out of stock as well.  It even shows that we have -1 in stock now.  

I'm wondering if this happened because of a draft order or maybe from a Facebook store purchase.  Going to test.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

Any solutions here? I'm having the same problem. We're a thrift store, so nearly every product has an inventory of 1. We're having an equal number of returns as sales due to people double purchasing items and it's really frustrating. 

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2
Same problem here. I sell one of a kind and people are able to buy items that are out of stock and already put into a catalog that I keep out of the public eye. I don't delete the items that are already sold....I like to keep them as a record for myself.
2 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

This happens to us as well and I just had an epiphany -- I believe in the last instance someone requested an order cancellation and that restocked the items from that order which were then snapped up by current customers on the site. I had overlooked that until just now. Not sure if it's the same issue with anyone else, but that's why it happened to me. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Having the same issue, just happened overnight.  Any solutions to prevent this?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Gosh this just happened to me too, I haven’t checked the option to allow purchases when out of stock and the product has been “sold out” for a couple of weeks.  I don’t have any incoming inventory. Customer followed a link from a tagged product in instagram straight to the product page on my website to add it to the cart. Shopify, please could you have a look at the glitch that has caused this? Not a great look to have to tell my customer that the product she’s purchased isn’t actually in stock! 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Customer just bought a product that is not on my shop or buy button.  Could they have had an old link?  Product was made unavailable over 12 months ago.  I have now deleted the product altogether, but HOW could they still buy it.  

0 Likes