Customers Still Buying Out of Stock items

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

We have our items out of stock and have not checked on the option to allow them to buy items out of stock. However, we still had a purchase over the weekend and I have no idea how it was done or how to prevent it.

Online, it shows it is out of stock and there is no way to purchase the item. I do not know how to prevent further purchases. Any help would be appreciated. 

Highlighted
Excursionist
74 0 11

What is your website?

Tomas

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi Tomas,

Here is the link to the website and the specific product that I am having an issue with. Though it shows it is sold out and there is no way for me to click to to put the item in the cart, we are still getting purchases. 

https://karladubois.com/products/zola-3-in-1-modern-classic-convertible-crib-in-twilight-grey

Highlighted
Tourist
26 0 2

Shelley, not sure if you have any incoming transfers for that product, but that might effect it.

Toronto, Canada | e-commerce enthusiast | Just helping the community
Highlighted
Excursionist
74 0 11

Sorry, I can't help. I have no idea why it is happening, unless those people already had the items in their carts.

Tomas

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I am struggling with a similar problem. From time to time our site sells an item that is showing a zero quantity. I cannot pinpoint what is going on. The latest item was a variant of a product. I re-corrected the inventory back to zero and then I tried to buy that item as a customer would from the site but now it shows it as sold out which is correct. So i cannot figure out why it does it now and then.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
74 0 11

So, as an experiment, I anonymously went on our website, put a product in my wishlist and in my shopping bag. I then had my Shopify Admin girl drop the available quantity of that product to zero. She also confirmed that in the Shopify Admin, we selected not to allow purchases of out of stock items.

I then went back to the website, and:

• The product size and color I chose before was no longer available, just like what everyone here has said
  • I went to my wishlist, but I was not able to select the out of stock item
  • I went to my shopping bag and tried to checkout, but the system stopped me and told me that the item had recently been made unavailable

So, unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce what you two are seeing.

Tomas

Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for trying! It really is a mystery as it only happens once in a while and I can't reproduce the scenario. Quite frustrating as we are maintaining correct inventory numbers then have to explain to our customers that our system has a "bug" that causes this occasionally. Sounds like BS! I'll keep trying. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

I appreciate all the assistance. If I find the solution, I'll post on here. : )

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
26 0 2

Shelley, did you verify if there were any incoming transfers on those products?

Toronto, Canada | e-commerce enthusiast | Just helping the community
0 Likes