Customers account required with approval

Messaoud
1 0 0

Hello Everyone,

the store I'm building is for specific customers, so we need to approve the customer before they can make transactions. is there a way. see the detais below.

Customer create account (not activated yet).

Staff review and approve.

Customer receive activation email.

Customer have the permission to make transactions.

0 Likes
Kraken42
Explorer
258 0 25

Not with vanilla Shopify. You would have to skip step 1 and get the staff to create the account for the customer.

0 Likes
Brendin
Shopify Partner
200 0 29

To expand on Adrian's answer, a smart work flow could be

1. Create a new form that asks for the basic info you require (name, email, tax status, EIN...etc)
  2. User submits form, and your staff reviews
  3. If approved, your staff sends a account reques
  4. ????
  5. Profit
Hire Me! - I am available to customize your Shopify store.
0 Likes
michael-helium
Shopify Expert
232 2 119

I realize this thread is quite old, but I figured it was worth mentioning that we've recently added a feature in the Customer Fields app that enables you to approve a customer account before it is created in Shopify.

This feature allows staff/admins to easily approve or deny customers after they submit a registration form. Any customer who submits this type of registration form is not saved into Shopify until after their account is approved by your team. Customers will get emails upon submission of the form, and they'll also get emails if/when their account is approved (or denied).

All of the customer-facing emails are fully customizable -- including the ability to display dynamic content via Liquid variables. 

There are some great workarounds mentioned in this thread, but for those who are not comfortable editing theme code, or for those that want an admin interface to approve/deny customers, then our Customer Fields app should be a great fit!

Michael, Former Director of Business Development @ Helium (view current profile)
- Customer Fields ✪ 4.9/5 (242 reviews)
- Meteor Mega Menu ✪ 4.7/5 (203 reviews)
Opticvision
1 0 0

I need this too. Customer Fields whilst looks the business, has dozens of other features i dont need beyond approval of customer accounts. would love an app that simply takes the vanilla customer registration and rather than auto-approve, allows site admins to screen, approve. nothing more.

0 Likes
michael-helium
Shopify Expert
232 2 119

@Opticvision 

I'm curious-- what is there to "screen" or "approve" if you're not collecting additional information from customers? Or if you are collecting additional information from customers, where are you storing that data?

Also, are you concerned you'll be overpaying for Customer Fields features you don't need, or just about the bloat of extra features?

Michael, Former Director of Business Development @ Helium (view current profile)
- Customer Fields ✪ 4.9/5 (242 reviews)
- Meteor Mega Menu ✪ 4.7/5 (203 reviews)
0 Likes