Customers are telling me there are no shipping options except "Customer Pick-up"

Tourist
3 0 1

I'm unable to replicate the problem (I've tried on multiple computers, devices, IPs, etc), but customers are somehow placing orders without shipping fees from all over North America. Normally, Customer Pick-up is only available for customers in my province, however, when I ask the customer what happened, they say Customer Pick-up is the only option being presented. 

It only happens to maybe 1 in 5 customers. 

It just started happening this week - I haven't mucked around with anything. 

Has anyone else experienced this? If I ignore it, will it go away? ... last time I did that my doctor had to call the CDC.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
33 0 1

Hi Simon,

Jenna here, not the CDC :). 

Shipping rates are usually pulled from cart totals and sometimes if a cart has many products the weight will be more than any rate set up in the shipping settings. This can result in no shipping rate available and/or selected few- in your case only customer pick up :).

When you get a chance, could you send us some example order numbers so we can take a look at this for you and see if it is in fact the weight causing the issue to support@shopify.com. Make sure to reference this post :) 

Cheers,
Jenna | Support Guru
Shopify

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks Jenna. Sending an email now. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

We are having the same issue and it doesn't seem to be the weights.  One of our customers could only get the pick up option when trying to place the order

from her own computer but then when she placed the same order on her sister's computer it showed her all the shipping options.  It is very frustrating as

our customers are getting upset and abandoning orders.

0 Likes