Customers cant print order summary or invoice

Highlighted
2 0 0

Customers are not able to print the order summary or invoice after purchase. This is really an inconvenience. Please assist if you can. Is this option available to certain accounts.

I have the basic Shopify plan. I think this shouldn't matter. Customers should be able to print order summaries regardless of a shopify plan as long as they have the capability to purchase. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @bancoff!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. I'm not sure I totally understand what you are referring to. Each order, regardless of plan, comes with automated emails or SMS notifications with their order details and shipping notifications. We know the importance of customers getting invoices and order summaries, so that would never be restricted to a higher priced plan.

If your customers aren't receiving the emails, you may need to check your notification settings. Head over to Settings > Notifications to view a list of all the notifications your customers receive. If you scroll down, you'll see a section where you can test the notifcations to so that you can make sure they're working. To learn more about how the notifications work, and what type of notifications your customer receives, check out our handy guide.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
No. It is not about customers not getting emails of receipts order confirmations. They do but they do not see the full details (itemized order with prices) nor can they print the order from the thank you page from their browser.

Do I need an app so customers can be able to print an itemized order summary from the thank you page?

Makes sense now?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @bancoff!

Thanks for getting back to me. Your customers would all receive their receipt and itemised breakdown in the email they receive after ordering. If you head over to Settings > Notifications and click order confirmation, you'll be able to preview what they see in their store. I've included a screenshot below of what this looks like:

In regards to your comment about the "Thank you" page, your customer would still see their order details to the left of the screen. I've included a screenshot example of this page too:

If a customer is unable to print that page, they would need to check with their browser to see if that's causing any limitations at all. I want to stress that this is not plan based, or part of Shopify. Shopify understands the importance of customers receiving confirmation and acknowledgement of their order, so we wouldn't restrict that based on the plan you've chosen.

If your customers are having issues printing out their confirmation, you'll need to direct them to their browser settings for troubleshooting.

Please let me know if that helps to clarify your concerns. If not, please include a detailed explanation of what the issue is and include any screenshots that may help me understand what I may be missing. Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes