Customise email notification based on different products and channels

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

Is there a way to customise email notifications based on different products and channels used to place the order? For example, we use three different channels; Online store, POS, and App. We would like to add a message to email that gets sent out when order is placed for product A and we would like it to include a message when order is placed using the App.

Is this something that can be done?

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
101 16 22

Hi @Varinder 

If you find a way to pass a different property to the product variant for the Online Store, POS and APP it will be possible to check the property in the notification email via liquid and output the different option. 

So yes it seems to be possible but it will require some tinkering in the theme code.

1 Like
Explorer
109 3 7

Hi, Varinder,

This is Song Fei from Trackingmore. We develop an app for Shopify stores to provide shipping status notification for buyers. The email content are customized. I found our app can't help your problem after I click and read the detail of your question. But just FYI, if you want a parcel tracking app. We are one of the best. Here is our app trackingmore

It allow your customers can track their orders in your customized tracking page under your domain. And it notifies your customers automatically of their parcel status and reduce support request

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @ikolarov!

Thank you for your reply.

Would you, by any chance, be able to provide any more information on how one would go about doing that?

Cheers :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
101 16 22

Hi @Varinder 

I haven't worked with POS until now but from what I know it's a separate markup from your online theme. If this is indeed the case you can add a hidden field in your online store submit form:

<input value="true" name="properties[online-store]"/>

And in your notification email you can check if the line_item has this property:

{% assign online_store = false %}
{% for line in line_items %}
    {% if line.properties.online-store == 'true' %}
        {% assign online_store = true %}
    {% endif %}
{% endfor %}

{% if online_store %}
    {% comment %} Order was made via the online store {% endcomment %}
{% else %}
    {% comment %} Order was made via POS app {% endcomment %}
{% endif %}

This is my logic, but once again POS is not my thing so I can't guarantee if this will be OK in your case.

0 Likes