Solved

Can I add gender selection and birthdate to a Shopify registration form?

Ada_lin
Tourist
6 0 3
Hi anyone can give me the code for

Add this two option in registeration form :
Select gender
Radio button male radio button female

Date of birth

DD MM YYYY

I only need to add this two coding in my themes.liquid

Please help me. Thanks
Accepted Solution (1)
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Ada_lin,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. 

I just took a look and saw that the create account section does look ok on your store now. 

21-48-le27l-vv11r

Were you able to get this sorted out since we last chatted? Let me know. 

I also spotted your store doesn't have a browser favicon just yet either. This is something I would definitely look into as it helps with your brand recognition as well as adding some extra professionalism to your store. You can see the YouTube tutorial Shopify created for this below. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 20 (20)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Ada_lin,

Nick here from Shopify. Good question! 

This is definitely something which is possible to do. You can find where to add the code in your store by taking the following steps: 

Shopify also has a guide going through all the steps to add fields to the customer form which you can see here

Hope this helps! 

All the best, Nick

Ada_lin
Tourist
6 0 3
Hi nick,

I do not know how to fill in the attribute
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Ada_lin,

Just to clarify do you mean this part here? (See the image below). I'm not 100% sure what you mean. 

15-21-pyv72-a91z1

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Ada_lin
Tourist
6 0 3

http://naturalsoapgallery.com

well ... is from the gender button to Date of birth option.

Please guide me Thanks.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Ada_lin,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. 

I just took a look and saw that the create account section does look ok on your store now. 

21-48-le27l-vv11r

Were you able to get this sorted out since we last chatted? Let me know. 

I also spotted your store doesn't have a browser favicon just yet either. This is something I would definitely look into as it helps with your brand recognition as well as adding some extra professionalism to your store. You can see the YouTube tutorial Shopify created for this below. 

Ada_lin
Tourist
6 0 3
Hi Nick ,

Thanks for the tips on favicon , I will create it . Thank you
HardeepOne
Tourist
13 0 1

Can we get the code on how to add fields to the registry and have it posted in the Notes field? 

michael-helium
Shopify Expert
361 5 178

@HardeepOne follow shopify's tutorial if you want to add new fields and save to the note: https://shopify.dev/themes/customer-engagement/additional-customer-information

Michael, COO @ Helium
- Customer Fields ✪✪✪✪✪ (346 reviews)
- Meteor Mega Menu ✪✪✪✪✪ (265 reviews)
Chammond101
Shopify Partner
7 0 4

Nick, 

I was curious how I could add more fields to our customer account registration form- like "Company Name", "Street Address" City, postal code phone number etc. 

And then have them map to the correct account fields in shopify for that customer. 

Is this possible?

michael-helium
Shopify Expert
361 5 178

Hi @Chammond101 

This has been addressed in another thread by @Nick here: https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/register-customer-with-address/td-p/492263: "[The Shopify theme support team] confirmed that there is no way to get it to link into the address fields without further help."

This simply means a third-party app is required. This forum post provides some additional context about the technical reasons why an app is required to collect and store this type of data.

The Helium Customer Fields app allows you to collect these standard Shopify data fields (company name, address, etc.) and save them to the Shopify customer record. If you only need these standard Shopify fields, you can achieve this on the app's "Lite" plan.

Michael, COO @ Helium
JaviExpress
Shopify Partner
154 15 23

Hi.

'add more fields to our customer account registration form- like "Company Name", "Street Address" City, postal code phone number'

Shopify uses a different 'Address' form for that: https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/architecture/templates/customers-addresses

If you want to put these fields together along with other necessary registration data, you better use an app that can build customized forms with custom fields.

The app in my signature has a plugin to do exactly this, Custom Forms

Customer Accounts Concierge
Turn the account page into a beautiful and multifunctional customer portal. Integrate contents, tools, and CRM features from other apps to drive a longer, richer and more personalized customer experience: Profile, Order History, Loyalty, Wishlist, Social Login, Customer Forms.
Moody
Visitor
1 0 0

This is great thanks.

Any chance i can get that "Note" to show in the emails sent by spotify?

I have tried many combinations but nothing has worked..

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Moody,

Are you doing this through your store admin or via an app? Let me know and I can take a look into this for you. 

michael-helium
Shopify Expert
361 5 178

Everyone wants to know how to add new fields and get new data from your customers, but not many people think about what they're going to handle the data after they receive it.

Using the Customer Fields app, you can add new fields like gender (using a radio button or dropdown), or you can add a date field with a number of formatting options. But more importantly... you receive a powerful directory to filter and save customer segments to display the unique customer data in helpful ways, or you can use Shopify metafields to do all sorts of interesting things with the data you collect.

Michael, COO @ Helium

cvikenzi
Tourist
5 0 2

Hello,

you can also try App Registration Form Builder.

With this app you can build your own registration form with unlimited form fields, like you wish.

All options you can set from App configuration without coding skills.

App is free for first 7 days.

1.jpg

michael-helium
Shopify Expert
361 5 178

Try the Customer Fields app if you're looking for increased functionality... or just a simpler, no code solution.

Using the app, you can easily customize your registration form with new fields such as gender or birthday using a variety of field types. The benefit of using an app like Customer Fields to collect this data is what you can do with the data after you collect it. For example:

• Add customers tags automatically based on customer input (ie: for gender, tag "male", "female", etc.)
  • Save a customer segment for "this month's birthdays"
  • Use validation to only accept certain values (ie: birthday, "Must be 18 years old or older")

Here's an example of a saved customer segment showing the custom "birthday" data:

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 3.58.33 PM.png

Michael, COO @ Helium
HughRSK
Excursionist
16 2 1

Thought I would add onto this thread because its the most relevant thread i could find on the topic.

The information from the custom field I built is captured in the "customer note" section of the customer profile.

Does anyone know how to add the information captured there to the email template I receive when an order is place?

Would really appreciate any help on this,

Thanks  

HardeepOne
Tourist
13 0 1

Can you share the code to add fields into the "notes" section? 

Were you able to get the notes section to be included into the email? 

I'm looking to solve the same two problems, but for me the code is most needed right now. 

michael-helium
Shopify Expert
361 5 178

To get data in a usable format (ie: for emails) you must use Shopify's Admin API to save this data to customer metafields.

Said another way, an app is required.

Either a private app that you build, or a pre-built solution such as Customer Fields.

Michael, COO @ Helium
michael-helium
Shopify Expert
361 5 178

Fields saved to the customer note *cannot* be added to email templates, because there is no data column or metafields for those custom values.

Michael, COO @ Helium