Customized products export orders

1 0 0

Hello, i have customized products in my store, and when i export orders i don't find customization field in csv file, how can i fix that ? 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
1093 88 244

I don't think you can change the data that exports, I have 2 ideas though:

a) See what data is exported in the CSV and then try and include your product customization info in one of those correlating fields of the product editor. For example, maybe you can store data in metafields.

b) If you can't find a solution and want a custom CSV exporter app, my team (speedboostr.com/contact) can build that for you.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes

Hi @OtmaneSoul,

Exporteo can export order data including custom fields (order attributes, metafields and line item properties).  Do you need to export your orders for reporting purposes or for integration with another system? The thing is that the app exports orders one by one, as soon as they match selected criteria, so it's perfect for integration with external systems, but not suitable for bulk export. I'm the developer of Exporteo. I'm happy to help if you need any assistance.

Thanks,
Lukasz

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
148 2 7

Hi

The reason why you don't see the product fields in your orders is that they are stored in 2 different tables. When you export orders you are only exporting the orderlines and other data that is stored in orders table whereas your product csv export would have have all your additional fields. To get additional data from your product tables you would have to merge the data from both tables into one csv file. For example we did a custom report for a user that adds up order sales data and merges into each product row.

Regards

Tom

Over 16 years experience in operating ecommerce businesses.
DM me on here or via message at Channelup
0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

Hi @OtmaneSoul ,

Keanna here from the Better Reports app team. 

I would recommend our app Better Reports for this. Using Better Reports you can combine data from the sales and product or product variants tables. You can create a sales report showing order number, product and variant name along with variant options, metafields, tags or even product images!

You can also export your reports directly to csv, excel, pdf or schedule them to run at a regular cadence to your email or Google Drive.

There are many possibilities depending on the use and I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Disclaimer: I am part of Better Reports support team.

0 Likes