DISABLE - Moving 'Out Of Stock' products to End Of Search Results - Help Me Find The Code!

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

Theme: Turbo (OutOfTheSandbox)
Issue: Out Of Stock products are auto-sorting to the end of my search results (not collections). I want to disable this. I want Out Of Stock products to appear wherever they're supposed to appear in the search results. Not the end.

I used the Supply theme a few years ago, and I vaguely remember implementing some code to sort out of stock products to the end of the search. However, now using the Turbo theme, I cannot find this code anywhere. I canot see what code is causing this to happen.

I've tried a variety of searches within my code, based on code suggestions I found on these forums - to ENABLE this feature. I figured if I could locate similar/same code in my store and remove it I could DISABLE this unwanted feature. However, I've had no luck in my search.

I also tried 'Reverting back to older code' but I've had no luck either.

MY STORE: WWW.MODESTMOUNTS.COM.AU 

Can anyone please help me find the code that is causing out of stock items to be auto-sorted to the bottom of Search results?
e.g. the product with the SKU of 'RAM-B-201U' - if you search for this exactly, it will appear at the bottom of the search results, along with other Out Of Stock products.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

From OutOfTheSandbox Support Team:

This appears to be the default functionality for the Search page results. I tested this in Shopify's Debut theme and the Sold out items appeared at the end of the Search results here too.

To have the Sold out items appear according to the relevance of the Search query is certainly possible, but would require some additional development to achieve, which is outside our scope of support. For this reason, we'd recommend reaching out to Storetasker (our recommended expert) for assistance with customizing your theme.

I have created a project brief for you to send to our preferred customization partner, Storetasker. You can review the brief here and then submit it to Storetasker for a quote if you are interested, if not it can be ignored. 

0 Likes